As summer is upon us and the year is well under way, it’s time for me to share an update on key developments at USI Consulting Group (USICG) and our parent company, USI Insurance Services (USI) from the first half of 2021. Most importantly, I would also like to thank you for your continued partnership and confidence in USICG.
USI CONSULTING GROUP
USICG was recently recognized as one of the 10 largest Defined Benefit administration service providers in PLANSPONSOR’s 2021 Defined Benefit Administration Survey, as measured by both participants and numbers of plans fully outsourced. Learn more by reading the latest issue of PLANSPONSOR.
USI Advisors’ President & Chief Investment Officer, Michael Welz, recently spoke with PLANSPONSOR to weigh in on Essential Considerations for DC Plan Investment Lineups. “Over the last 10 years, if we asked clients ‘What is the purpose of your plan?’ in 99% of cases, it would be ‘to help participants grow assets,’” Welz said. “It’s only been in the last few years that decumulation has become a purpose.” Read the full article.
Defined Benefit (DB) Practice
Our Defined Benefit Actuarial and Benefit Administrative practices have grown significantly due to recent acquisitions. We now have a staff of over 250 associates with 80 credentialed actuaries, and provide benefit administration services for over 500,000 participants.
Our new and enhanced capabilities include:
- Multiple innovative benefit administrative platforms that plan sponsors can utilize to co-source or fully outsource the administration of their DB plans
- Creative defined benefit and defined contribution plan design solutions for professional service firms
- Multi-employer plan actuarial consulting and benefit administration
- Comprehensive and integrated approach to DB plans on a “glidepath to termination” including Liability Driven Investing services
Direct Solutions (DS) Practice |
Services for Defined Contribution recordkeeping clients
Our DS practice completed the following enhancements:
- Developed systems and processing capabilities to efficiently handle the Consolidated Appropriations Act 2021 provisions
- Expanded investment offerings for the DS platform with new fund options available for plan sponsors to add to their retirement programs, including new Franklin-Templeton Funds, MFS Funds, USAA Funds and new Voya Funds
- Expanded participant education services to include new on-line streaming videos to help participants with investing in volatile markets
- Updated payroll file processing modules to efficiently process payroll data and deferral election management
Defined Contribution Consulting (DCC) Practice
Our Defined Contribution Consulting practice has broadened our capacity to offer specialized consulting services to our clients. Through recent acquisitions, we have added over a dozen credentialed professionals to our team. This means we have even greater expertise and capacity to support you through whatever challenges your plan may face, including:
- M&A pre- and post-closing transactional support
- Complex non-discrimination testing and plan design solutions
- Resolution of compliance issues
- Provider searches and fee benchmarking
- Non-Qualified plan consulting
USI INSURANCE SERVICES
USI continues to receive national industry recognition:
For the third year in a row, USI has been named as a ‘Best of the Best’ employer for multicultural women in the insurance industry by Professional WOMAN’s Magazine (PWM). PWM’s annual ‘Best of the Best’ program is designed to recognize leading U.S. organizations actively engaged in the advancement of multicultural women in all aspects of business and employment to ensure equal opportunity. Learn more.
In March, USI was recognized as a winner in Treasury & Risk’s 2020 Alexander Hamilton Awards. For more than two decades, the Alexander Hamilton Awards from Treasury & Risk have recognized companies taking big leaps forward in treasury, finance and risk management through process innovations and technology implementations. USI was one of three winning organizations recognized in the Technology Excellence category for its innovative use of technology to streamline treasury processes and create dramatic efficiency improvements. Read the full article.
Finally, let me close by thanking you again for your continued partnership. While you are in the capable hands of the USICG team, I am always available and would welcome direct contact with any feedback, ideas or concerns.
p: 860.368.2928 | e: email@example.com
Investment Advice provided to the Plan by USI Advisors, Inc. Under certain arrangements, securities offered to the Plan through USI Securities, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC. 95 Glastonbury Blvd. Suite 102 Glastonbury, CT 06033 860.652.3239 Both USI Advisors, Inc., and USI Securities, Inc., are affiliates of USI Consulting Group. 1021.S0722.99122