Minimize corporate taxes, maximize cash preservation and deliver competitive employee benefits
An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is a qualified defined contribution retirement plan that provides eligible employees an ownership interest in the company through distribution of company stock. An ESOP provides employees with a personal stake in your company’s welfare. The effect of an ESOP can be very positive on a company’s competitiveness, profitability and employees.
Advantages to your organization
- Substantial, long-term retirement benefit to attract, motivate and reward employees
- Higher retention of key employees by rewarding continued service
- Excellent capital funding tool
- Provides a succession plan for business owners ready to retire or sell
- A shorter transition period compared to an external sale
- Pre-tax dollars repay debt (leveraged ESOP)
- Tax-deductible dividends
Advantages to your employees
- Increased employee morale since they feel personally responsible for the company’s success
- Added financial security for employees’ retirement
- Allocated stock accumulates tax-deferred
- At retirement, special tax treatment on stock appreciation available
- Increased corporate profitability
Advantages to stockholders/sellers
- Creates stock purchase at fair market value
- Control retained (if desired)
- Tax-deferred rollover treatment available (Section 1042 transaction)
In addition, statistics show that 72% of Americans want to work for a company owned by its employees, and turnover at employee-owned companies is three times lower than at conventionally owned businesses. (2019 General Social Survey (GSS) conducted by the Institute for the Study of Employee Ownership and Profit Sharing at Rutgers University)
Comprehensive ESOP services tailored to your needs
USI Consulting Group will be your strategic partner in designing and maintaining an ESOP for your company. From the moment we start working for you, we tailor the process to address your plan’s specific requirements. We can assist you in all phases of implementation of new ESOPs, restructuring mature plans or assume consulting and administrative responsibilities for current plans.
Our ESOP experts offer comprehensive administration, recordkeeping and compliance services. In addition, we can develop a customized communication and education campaign to ensure your employees understand and appreciate the valuable benefit offered through your ESOP. We also coordinate and complete all the required regulatory filings. We have a strong commitment to customer satisfaction and will work with you to structure your plan to maximize benefits for your company, employees and stockholders.
Investment advice for institutional accounts provided by USI Advisors, Inc. Under certain arrangements, securities offered to the Plan through USI Securities, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC. 95 Glastonbury Blvd., Glastonbury, CT 06033 860.652.3239. USI Consulting Group is an affiliate of both USI Advisors, Inc. and USI Securities, Inc.